Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mamma Mia Sailing

This picture comes from the film (movie to you non Brits) Mamma Mia! which has become the best selling movie (film to you Brits) in the UK.

It managed that feat despite being loathed by about half the population, for I've yet to meet anyone who is male and liked it. Phrases like "ghastly" and "worst film I've ever seen" are typically what they will say, and I count myself fortunate to not have been dragged to see it.

But there clearly are those that differ, and in particular the female film goer.

I'm not entirely clear about the plot, but understand its some form of Rom-com around the songs of Abba, and was originally a musical. One thing I do know about it is that it was filmed in Greece, and in particular around the islands of Skopelos and Skiathos, which was where we went sailing last week.

A host of posts to come, which will aim to avoid the "Sailed to Skopelosseloss. Moored up. Had dinner. It was fantastic...." bla bla bla.

But there will be the story of Nemo (as in the finding of) and the sea urchin, plus some playing dolphins, thunder and lightening (very very frightening), and selection of pics.

No comments: