Thursday, October 09, 2014

Buff's Covent Garden Nightmare!!

G'day all! Buff Staysail here! Buff by name and Buff by nature!

Have you noticed how the same place can mean two completely different things to two different people?

Take Covent Garden: to yours truly of course it means a good night out, with the bars and pubs, cosy corners with pretty barmaids and a glass of something cold and golden in hand. But to a square like JP it means music plus maps at Stanfords for one of his trips abroad.

But by golly last night ol' Buff got the fright of his life. I'd just had the best reunion with some of my Oz chums who'd come over - you'll remember them, Brucy, Wes, Dave-boy from my circumnavigation of Australia in a Laser.

It was a cracker of an evening and we were all tumbling out into the cool autumnal night when blow me down we saw that Covent Garden had been cut in two!!!

Some supernatural power had smashed through pillars and buildings and yet the roof was just hanging there unsupported!!!!

Jeez, that's not what I wanted to see at 2 am just after hearing Dave-boy's ghost story (my spine was nicely chilled as they say).

It was straight back to the Buff basement and I don't plan on returning soon, though I asked JP to swing by and take a photo (Ed: see above).

This is Buff Staysail, needing a stiff drink, over and out.

No comments: