Friday, February 28, 2020

Boats! Boats! Boats! ... in Bristol


Bristol was in the news today as Greta Thunberg was leading one of her demos to try and get those politicians to actually do something about global warming.

I was recently in Bristol myself, and had planned to visit Isambard Kingdom Brunel's famous SS Great Britain but alas it was just closing as I arrived. It was also a rather cold, wet and windy day, so I got the next train back to London.

But there were lots of boats to look at so I'm already planning a return some time.






5 comments:

steve said...

JP - try to go when the Bristol harbour festival is on - well worth doing - even more boats and lots more to see.

steve said...

JP - try to go when the Bristol harbour festival is on - well worth doing - even more boats and lots more to see.

JP said...

Thanks - when is that?

tillerman said...

Gosh - this takes me back. I remember going to visit SS Great Britain in Bristol. I think it must have been 1970 - the year she was returned to Bristol.

JP said...

Tillerman: I think I too must have visited either 70s or 80s but can't remember much about it!