It's time to look back at 2018 and those blog posts that got the most views, of which the top ten were:
- The Tudor Pull: Gloriana, Stela and a photo-bombing heron
- London Boat Show: Random Photos
- Boats! Boats! Boats! .... in Geneva, at night
- Cambridge wins everything!
- London Boat Show: Golden Globe Race Anniversary & Susie Goodall Racing
- Frozen Boats! Frozen Boats! Frozen Boats! .... in Geneva
- This blog is a TEENAGER
- Reflections on the Thames
- Thames River Routes: RB1
- The last days of the old Woolwich Ferries
Not sure how random photos from the London Boat Show got in the top ten, must have been one was picked up by Google photo search. However I can see where the hits on Susie Goodall racing come from given the recent drama she's been through.
The largest category was about the Thames in London (5 of the top 10) so maybe that's something to post about in 2019. None were about the Svalbard trip, the highest of which was "Longyearbyen, Svalbard" in 13th place.
The simplest to write was the "Cambridge wins everything!" which had no text and the image was a light blue rectangle (go figure that one).
As noted in the "This blog is a TEENAGER" post, a lot of the top scoring posts seem to be photo related, but that's ok, I like taking photos.
What would my favourites be?
I suppose I'd highlight not individual posts but the series, as they've been the fun ones to do and write about - in particular:
Often these projects have opportunities for good photos and also tell a bigger story than can be fit in a single post.
I wonder what 2019 will bring.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!