Saturday, April 09, 2022

Fast cars! Drones! Astrophotography! The Thames!


One evening the skies miraculously cleared, so I took the camera with the biggest lens I've got and star tracker down to the local park. After the usual faff of aligning with Polaris, it was rotated to a suitable target and the camera set taking a couple hundred of shots.

That left a long time hanging around, looking at the stars, listening to traffic and dog walkers fail to control their pets.

Then there was this light, out on the Thames, slowly gliding up-river. It was followed by the familiar whine of a drone. So I left my camera doing its thing and rushed to the bank to see what was going on. 

I had time to snap the above, which didn't tell me much, apart from the need to go Google "Eletre", which I did. And up popped this video, which did indeed show a glowing box with Eletre on the side gliding up and down the Thames. It was the latest electric vehicle from Lotus:

Very cool!

It and the drone was last seen heading under Putney Bridge so I returned to my camera, and this was the resulting image:


An interesting evening

2 comments:

Greg Wesson said...

I saw the Eletre barge (with drone) floating under Hammersmith Bridge, and tried to take some photos, but the phone on my camera couldn't get the light balance right so it's just a really bright blob on a dark background. Similarly had to search the internet for what it was (though I did recognise the Lotus logo).

JP said...

Was wondering how far up river it went. The Lotus video shows clips from as far apart as Tower Bridge to Putney