Friday, March 04, 2011
Boating, iPads and Bloggers
1. Recently saw The Social Network on blu-ray which was great, involving tech start-ups, blogging and rowing in one Aaron Sorkin scripted gem - definitely worth a watch.
2. The film's rowing angle came from the Winklevoss brothers, interviewed here in the Telegraph talking about another lawsuit and preparing for the 2012 games.
3. I've also just watch Ellen McArthur inspire some school drop-outs that they have a second chance in Jamie Oliver's Dream School - watch this weeks episode on 4OD here (might be UK only).
4. This week saw the launch of the iPad 2 - or iPad 1.5 as El Reg put it. It was also the week that the FAA decided that pilots could use them rather than paper maps, which means it must be ok for ships, right?
5. Californians have been boating for 12,000 years or so according to this story on the BBC. That would explain the natural amphitheatre no doubt.
Have a great weekend!