Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Thames River Routes Revisited: RB4 Docklands Ferry


Earlier this summer I posted about travelling on all the Thames River Routes up and down the river, excluding those ferries did last year, the RB4 Docklands and Woolwich.

But then I felt it was worth going one more time on the Woolwich Ferry (anyone like to guess why?) which would leave just the RB4 Docklands not done this year, which would have been a shame, plus it was possible to do the both in the same afternoon, so off I went.

Only it wasn't, as the day I chose to do both, the Woolwich Ferry was closed, making the Woolwich Foot Tunnel a lot busier than normal:


Ok, not exactly tube level heaving.

Anyhow, I did manage that day to tick off the RB4 route as it was running. This time I did it the other direction, i.e. from south of the river to north, towards those towers of steel and glass at Canary Wharf:


It was very quick and easy to cross, and, it being a Sunday, not at all busy:


The hardest bit actually was getting to the pier on the south side which was a bit of a walk from Canada Water, which I did via the Brunel Museum and the Thames Path.

The Woolwich Ferry would have to wait... but too long, as there was a deadline coming up...

No comments: