1. You can just go sailing at any time without fussing with getting a crew together
2. Its a lot more economical than a yacht - don't you know we're in a recession?
3. Where would you rather be at 3am - all cosy in your own bed or on watch somewhere out at sea, three hours into a four hour watch?
4. Dinghies are more exciting than yachts - you are more in touch with the wind and waves, and really feel the speed
5. With yachts there's always the fear you are judged by how big it is, and unless you are an owner of a major software company you will lose.
6. You can explore beautiful rivers and inlets where a yacht would be hard aground
Some thoughts on the RS100
24 minutes ago