While been busy working and travelling the Vendee Globe has started and joined the Volvo in racing round the world.
Having missed the first leg of the Volvo and initial excitement of the Vendee had a little think about which feel is the more exciting and involving to this armchair sailor this time round.
And the clear winner was the Vendee, and here are ten reasons why:
1. Its a single handed epic adventure, non stop around the world
2. You get to know key sailors as individuals, rather than merged together as a crew
3. The competition includes both men and women (see above)
4. The Open 60 class is the standard for offshore racing
5. It sticks to the traditional route each time
6. It dives into deep southern ocean, iceberg territory like true global races should
7. It's got a better race tracker - in particular it shows wind forecasts. In my mind the Volvo made a big mistake by not continuing the Virtual Spectator from last time. More positive comments about their web site from Adam here.
8. It's got a bigger fleet
9. The competitors get to try out their sexy French accents
10. Er... running out of ideas - any suggestions for a 10th reason?