Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Boathouse Meet-up

Had great time last night meeting up with both Greg and Kris at the Boathouse in Putney (in the photo above, taken back in September) over a couple of pints.

Great to hear all their stories - including sailing the racing schooner Adirondack II in Key West and meeting up with Jolea. Sounded a lot warmer and wilder than what was a chilly night in London.

During the evening had one of those isn't it a small world moments when Kris's friend who joined us for the evening turned out to be living one street away from my sister.

We also had fun comparing iPhone apps - more on that in a later post.

Good luck to Greg and Kris on their journeys on to Europe!

8 comments:

The O'Sheas said...

I think you work for MI-5 or whatever that thing is that James James Bond works for. How else do we explain your ability to maintain your anonymity? We have no evidence of our meeting. Not even a receipt!

Amazing.

I'm coming back for the big race. I'll take a shot of you then ... if I can recognize you ...

O Docker said...

Think, Greg, think.

At the Boathouse, how did JP order - shaken or stirred?

JP said...

I'll make sure I'm well hidden in the boat race crowds :)

O'Docker: it was a pint of Young's bitter: neither shaken, nor stirred, but drunk.

The O'Sheas said...

I think he said something like, "Do I like I bloody care?"

But I'm not sure.

Kris just said, "I think I had a fever that night. I hardly remember him." (it was just about 48 hours ago).

Hmm...

Jolea said...

OH the iPhones! I'm glad you guys had fun! I know I would love to visit a pub in your neck of the woods someday! Alert the masses if I do ever get to that side of the world... gonna need back up. ;)

JP said...

You'd be very welcome to following in Greg and Kris's visit and have a pint or two in the Boathouse too when you make it up here to London :)

The O'Sheas said...

I should point out that my (greg) previous remark was intended as fun and joking. I think the angleterre definition is 'taking the piss.' Just feeling like I should be a bit more careful about how I phrase things in writing as I'm realizing how much fun we really had in London on our night with the Captain, and how rude people can come off when they don't speak by the card. Of course, after a weekend in Paris, anyone who doesn't speak french (intentional lower case; as the actions of it's practitioners appear to denote a dying language [inslut {misspelling noted} intended]), would feel similarly sensitive, I'm certain.

Thanks again, John. And we look forward to sharing a microbrew with you in Stumptown, soon!

JP said...

It's ok, irony detector switched on and working!

Hope you're having fun over there