Wednesday, December 03, 2008

More from Earls Court

Apart from the ocean rowers, my attention wasn't caught by much else at the Earls Court show last weekend.

However I was intrigued by the triangular sail for the kayak (above). It reminded me a bit of Arab dhows or the small boats used to cross the Pacific.

There were also a couple of authors there to sign copies of their works, but tend not to buy books this close to Christmas - just in case someone gets it for me!

I was more tempted by the beautiful photos on display at the Kos stand. Imagine the picture below blown up huge with a lovely frame......

Alas it was as expensive as it was attention grabbing!

More examples from their web site here.

2 comments:

Angell said...

do you have any details on the kayak sail - website? manufacturers name?

looks very interesting

JP said...

Its a Kaskazi sail rig - see their web site here:
http://kayakuk.com/shop/shop.php?action=full&id=32