Tuesday, August 07, 2012

London Olympics: Tom Slingsby's Gold

Here's Australia's Tom Slingsby, officially the best Laser sailor in the world with his Olympic Gold Medal, being interviewed on Weymouth's Nothe Fort earlier today.

Alas I wasn't able to ask him Tillerman's question about pigeon-toed hiking, but I managed to put it to our favourite commentator, offshore sailor Hannah White (below, with Tom).

Her suggestion was that having feet go in different directions balances out the twist which is good news for the spine - or, of course, it could just be personal preference.

I am not a Laser sailor, I do not know.

4 comments:

Baydog said...

I love Pigeon medium-rare with foie gras, truffles, Madeira, and roasted parsnips.

Baydog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tillerman said...

I think that recipe would be better with a few slices of crispy bacon on top of the pigeon.

JP said...

I think that recipe would be better without the foie gras