Friday, October 02, 2009

Congratulations Rio!



Many congratulations to Rio de Janerio for winning the race to host the 2016 Olympics.

Seeing the official video (above) made me go slightly glassy eyed and nostalgic, remembering my trips to that fabulous city and dig up old photos.

A city that has the spectacular scenery of Sydney, the energy of New York, and music of Chicago all wrapped up into one deserved to win.

Of course the city has its problems - in the conference that brought me there first time there were 6 muggings between the 120ish delegates.

But I wasn't one of them, and had instead a fantastic time.

So maybe I should find a way to get involved in the 2012 games & help bring London and Rio closer together!

2 comments:

The O'Sheas said...

caipirainha! Or something. You know what I mean. It's Brazilian for beer.

And another thing, without those crazy Brazilian guys, European soccer would have devolved to a bunch of pre-thugmovie stars faking injuries for free kicks.

:)

JP said...

I do know what you mean - in many places Brahma seems to do the job too.

But we need those pre-thugmovie stars and their wags - our economy is dependent upon them spending their huge wages to keep it going ;)